SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin is Wisconsin’s largest and fastest growing health care workers union. We represent over 5,000 home care, nursing home, social service, and hospital workers across the State of Wisconsin. In these tough economic times, there has been no stronger advocate on behalf of workers – fighting not only for good wages and benefits for workers, but also ensuring the greatest possible care for patients, residents and clients – than SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin.
SEIU members and leaders in healthcare—now 2 million strong—have a unique opportunity to build a national union that can change the future of America by creating a new, fully funded healthcare system we can all be proud of—a healthcare system that:
- Puts patients and quality care first.
- Provides affordable care to every man, woman, and child in Wisconsin.
- Recognizes that all healthcare workers must be treated with the professional respect and dignity they have earned, including high standards for pay, benefits, training and staffing, and the freedom to unite in a union without interference.
- Understands that workers must have a strong voice in the workplace and be full partners with management in determining the best way to deliver quality care.
- Ensures quality, long term care to meet the needs of our aging population in the coming years.