Voter Resources

Quick Facts:

  • You can vote if you are a U.S. citizen and have lived in WI at least 28 consecutive days prior to Election Day.
  • You can vote if you are a convicted felon who is off papers and parole.
  • You need to register to vote if your name or address has changed since the last election or if you have never registered before.
  • In order to vote in your current district, you must live in that district at least 28 consecutive days prior to Election Day. If you have lived in your current district less than 28  consecutive days prior to Election Day, you can vote in your previous district.
  • You can still register to vote at your polling place on Election Day. You must bring your photo ID and proof of residence to do so.
  • Polls are open 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM in all wards.
  • All employees are entitled to up to three hours leave to vote. The employee must request leave before Election Day. Pay can be deducted for time lost. The employer can set the time for leave to vote.

Voter ID Update:

On March 12, 2012, Dane County Circuit Judge Judge Richard Niess declared “2011 Wisconsin Act 23’s photo ID requirements unconstitutional to the extent they serve as a condition for voting at the polls.” The judge also permanently enjoined the defendants “from any further implementation or enforcement of those provisions.” The ruling is likely to be appealed up to the Supreme Court, but we highly recommend all voters take the time to get proper ID prior to the election. For updated information on the status of the Voter ID Law, please visit Government Accountability Board website.

Election Information:

Visit the Government Accountability Board website for information about:

Visit the Voter Public Access website for information about:

Visit the ACLU website for information about:

Other Online Resources:

Click here for information about the Election Defense Alliance and how you can help ensure that every vote counts.

Click here for federal election information from SEIU International

Click here to contact your municipal clerk about becoming a voter registration deputy

Comments are closed.