Question:  If I am floated to another unit to handle patient assignments and I do not believe that I can provide safe care is there anything I can do to get out of the assignment?

Answer:  Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 11 in your Union Contract, “Should a float be required that is inconsistent with this Section, the patient care assignment will be negotiated with the affected employee.” And “If a negotiation of a patient assignment is unsuccessful and the floated employee feels that she/he could not provide safe care she/he can verbally inform the supervisor of his/her objections, who will intervene and attempt to resolve the conflict.”

Be sure to Contact your Union Steward or the Union office if you are put in a situation where patient care could be compromised.









Did you like this? Share it:

Comments are closed.