Politicians are on the attack, undercutting rights and benefits earned by public service employees. Not satisfied with slashing benefits for current workers, now they have put a target on the Wisconsin Retirement System.
Join us for a discussion about America’s retirement crisis and how the WRS can help us find a way forward. For more details, click on the meeting in your area:
- October 10th, 6:30 PM: Menasha
- October 11th, 5:00 PM: Stevens Point
- October 15th, 6:30 PM: Rhinelander
- October 18th, 6:30 PM: Madison
Speakers, which include financial and retirement policy experts, will address:
- Update on what the recent study of the WRS said about the health of our pensions and recommendations for its future.
- Discussion about what might happen in 2013.
- Ways to work together to keep our pensions safe from the agendas of politicians.
- Extending the model of the WRS to private-sector workers without secure retirements.
A question and answer session will follow the presentations.