Starting on noon on Thursday, March 8th, we as Rock County Nurses have the opportunity to stand up for our rights and livelihoods by voting yes in our very first recertification election. To cast your vote, Call 1-866-458-9862 (toll free) anytime between noon Thursday, March 8th and noon Wednesday, March 28th.
By voting yes, you’re not just voting to protect your right to bargain, you’re also standing up for your ability to have a voice in your workplace. Being in a union is not just about wages and benefits. As union members, we’re entitled to many protections on the job. Over the years, SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin has protected members from unsafe staffing levels, unfair terminations, and draconian mandatory overtime practices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STATE EMPLOYEE ANNUAL CERTIFICATION ELECTIONS
- Who is conducting these elections? The Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission (WERC) has the legal responsibility to conduct the elections. The WERC is the neutral State agency responsible for administering Wisconsin’s collective bargaining laws.
- Does the WERC have experience conducting elections? WERC has been conducting elections since the late 1930s.
- Why is the WERC using the American Arbitration Association (AAA) as part of the election process? In the next couple years, it is likely that WERC will be conducting hundreds of elections with thousands of voters all within very tight time frames. Because WERC is a small agency with many other responsibilities aside from conducting elections, it needed the help of another neutral organization.
- Who is the AAA? The American Arbitration Association is a nationally renowned neutral private organization with many years of experience conducting elections for unions and employers-including by telephonic balloting.
- Why am I voting by telephone? Telephone voting is easy, secure and cost effective.
- How will I cast my ballot by telephone? Call 1-866-458-9862 (toll free) anytime between noon Thursday, March 8th and noon Wednesday, March 28th. After providing information that will allow the computer to verify that you are an eligible voter (the first four letters of your last name and the last four digits of your social security number), you will be asked the following question: Do you want to continue to be represented by SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin for the purpose of collective bargaining? You will then be instructed on how to vote “yes” or “no” and asked to verify your choice.
- Will anyone know how I voted? No. Your vote will be electronically recorded and no one (including AAA and WERC) will know how you voted.
- Will anyone know if I don’t vote? Yes. A list of the employees who did and did not vote will be available after the 20 calendar day balloting period ends. The list is needed to insure that the vote results are accurate.
- How long do I have to vote? 20 calendar days from the start of the voting period.
- Can I change my vote after it is cast? No.
- What if I have trouble using the telephonic voting system? Call 1-800-529-5218 during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Also inform SEIU of any problems by calling 888-285-1199 or e-mailing BonnieS@seiuhcwi.org
- When will the election results be known? Within a day or two of the end of the 20 day balloting period.
Did you like this? Share it: